Friday, September 5, 2008

HELMET CASTING





MOST OF YOU PROBABLE ALREADY KNOW THAT SAYLA HAS TO WEAR A HELMET FOR A COUPLE MONTHS BECASUE OF HER CEPHLAHEMATOMA A BIRTH THAT CALCIFIED THEN WE HAD SURGERY TO REMOVE CALCIUM AND NOW WE HAVE TO USE A HELMET TO TRY TO ROUND OUT HER HEAD MORE. SHE WAS SO GREAT YESTERDAY AT THE CASTING, WE HAD TO TAKE OUT HER EARINGS FOR IT & SHE DID NOT LIKE THAT AT ALL WE BOTH FELT SO BAD FOR OUT LITTLE GIRL WE WISH SHE DIDNT HAVE TO GO THRU ALL THIS WE JUST KEEP TELLING OUR SELVES THAT SHE WONT REMEMBER IT WHEN SHE IS OLDER AND HOPEFULY LOOK BACK ON IT AN LAUGH THAT SHE HAD TO WEAR A HELMET. SO IN 2 WEEKS SHE WILL GET HER FIRST FITTING AND THEN COME HOME WITH IT ON. BUT HERE ARE SOME PICTURES OF THE CASTING THEY HAD TO DO TO GET HER EXACT MOLD OF HER HEAD. RYAN AND I KEPT LAUGHING BECASUE SHE LOOKED SO CUTE IN THAT HAT BEACSUE IT MADE HER CHEEKS EVEN BIGGER. AFTER SHE GOT IT ALL DONE SENSE SHE DID SO GOOD AND WAS SO BRAVE WE WENT AND GOT HER A NEW TOY AND SOME NEW LITTLE BOOKS SHE CAN HOLD.

7 comments:

Lacey said...

That is the cutest face under all that stuff. What a tough little girl! Love that you got those pictures. You booked the restaurant yet for NYC?

Cody and Jessie said...

I love her cute chubby smiling face poking out of the casting! What a sweety.

Thorntons said...

Summer this is Brittany Thornton. I hope it's okay that I was stocking your blogI haven't gotten on and looked at blogs forever. I love to look at Sayla's cute pictures. I got on and saw that that cute little thing has had to go through all this. I am so sorry to hear that. I just know how it feels to watch your tiny baby suffer and it is not fun! Your exactually right though when you say she won't remember it at all! I think of all Gage went through and he has no clue! I am so sorry to hear that and I hope everything goes well! Sayla is such a freakin cutie!!!

Thorntons said...

This is Brittany Thornton I have to put a block on my blog if you want to view my blog e-mail me and I'll put you on my list. brittanythornton@comcast.net

Kelli Schwarz said...

That is amazing that they can do that. She looks so happy! We love her so much! She has had to go through so much already in her short little life. I love that you and Ry have such a good attitude about it. She is going to be the most beautiful girl with her little helmet on.

bj+anne+brody+macie+lucy+ellie said...

My cousins little girl wore a helmet for a while and it was freaking cute. Sayla will thank you for it one day

Hafer Family said...

oh she is just too cute. such an adorable round chubbers!!! can't wait to squeeze her! get her out her!!! and send us some pics- do you have them at a kodak site or something? you have some great pics. she is just too cute you could just eat her up!!!